We help people just like you. Here are a few of their stories...
Supportive Services Program at BJC Village North Retirement Center…...
Some important questions to ask any home care provider...
High Customer Satisfaction shows up in our Survey Results...
Some helpful resource sites for families...
StarResource provides information and assistance on the Veteran's Aid and Attendance Benefit for Senior Care as follows:
What Is It?
A special “pension benefit” which pays for a private Caregiver to assist in the daily activities of living, including eating, bathing, dressing and mobility. Includes care in the home and in assisted living communities. Sometimes it includes care in a nursing home if the patient is blind or has mental or physical incapacity.
Veterans who served in the following war time periods (includes spouse/surviving spouse). Veteran must have served 90 consecutive days, with at least 1 of those days during a war time period, even if they were not in a combat zone.
• World War I
• World War II
• Korean Conflict
• Vietnam Era
• Persian Gulf War
Less than $80,000 in assets (excluding home and vehicles)
How much care does Aid & Attendance pay for?
• Up to $1,949 per month for a married Veteran.
• Up to $1,644 per month for a single Veteran.
• Up to $1,056 per month for a Surviving Spouse.
How to go about applying:
We recommend using an experienced professional to provide application assistance. For a referral, just call us at 314-432-7827.
Documentation you will need and helpful websites:
- Dept of Veterans Affairs web site- http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/index.htm
- Dept of Veterans Affairs, St. Louis Regional Office-(800) 827 1000
- Veteran/Surviving Spouse Application–Veterans 21-526 or Veterans Spouse 21-534
- Discharge/Separation Papers (DD-214)- http://www.archives.gov/veterans/evetrecs/index.html
- Copy of Marriage Certificate (Surviving Spouses only)
- Copy of the Death Certificate (Surviving Spouses only)
- Copy of current Social Security Award Letter- https://secure.ssa.gov/apps6z/BEVE/main.html
- Net Worth documentation: bank checking and savings account records and investment records for all assets
- Income verification from all sources, such as pensions and retirement account pay-outs
- Certified copy of court-appointed guardianship if this is in place for the Veteran or Surviving Spouse
- Medical costs not covered by Medicare or Medicaid, including medications
- Medical Doctor statement with current diagnosis, medical status, prognosis and ability to perform Activities of Daily Living and travel unattended-Veterans Medical Statement
- Employment history (does not apply if you are over 65)
- Web site for FAQ www.veteranaid.org
We offer Philips Lifeline Emergency Response & Medication Dispensing Services. Click for more information or call us at 314-432-7827!
StarResource is a member of: