Assistive Technology (AT) in the home.
By Greg Starrs, Owner/President, StarResource, L.L.C.
Peace of mind. First thing that came to my mind was the great Boston song from the Boston album released in 1976-
“I understand about indecision
But I don’t care if I get behind
People livin’ in competition
All I want is to have my peace of mind”
Second thing that came to mind, was my 80ish mother and father living safely, independently and able to summon help when needed.
I get peace of mind with AT-Medical Alert equipment and monitoring.
Some other examples of AT are-
- Medication Dispensing.
- GPS Device.
- Augmentative devices
- Large key and large print keyboards
- Braille displays
AT is an exciting and evolving area. Exciting because seniors and special needs individuals can access many devices, equipment and services to enhance quality of life! Evolving because new products and services are hitting the market all the time.
As a State of Missouri, Medicaid (MO HealthNet), certified Assistive Technology provider StarResource can help!
How? See the following list-
- Missouri Department of Mental Health, Division of Developmental Disabilities, waiver funding for AT.
- Visit https://at.mo.gov/ for detailed information and resources on Missouri Assistive Technology.
- Assessment and suggestions on AT products and services.
- Referrals to high quality providers, such as Philips, for various AT.
- Attendance at state and national events showcasing evolving technology.
- Local provider with 30+ years of experience.
Now, back to listening to that great Boston song…”Take a look ahead, take a look ahead, look ahead”.
Questions? StarResource assists seniors, special needs individuals, family members and professionals with information and referrals to help. Call us at (314) 432-7827 to get started!